A simple, harmless question can sometimes give you some of the most amazing answers in life. Of course, it can work the other way round as well; some dumb answers are also expected. So when I asked a couple of friends what would they do when they feel elated; if something awesome happens or if they simply want to celebrate another living day, the answers I got range from one extreme to another. I have compiled some of them below:
- a quick fix of chocolate/ice cream/cigarette
- paint the toenails
- a quick shot of wine (quick??)
- come up with a creative cocktail
- listen to music (yawn)
- sing in the rain ( the problem is we are facing drought with a heavy dose of haze here in KL)
- cook up a storm
- girls night out
- some me- time, with bubble bath (and a masseur, I wish)
- get a new pair of dress/shoes/ no, I will pretend I didn’t hear that.
- do the MACARENA dance
- sleep (despite the strong urge to slap the person who answered this, I remained civilized).
The list goes on, yes. Some were interesting, and some were, well, you can see my thoughts in the bracket above.
Then I answered my question; and the first 2 (and only) things that came to my mind were:
- Good food, especially Thai food- I will definitely get myself something really nice to eat, and some amazing Thai restaurants keep popping up in my mind.
- Books! There will always be some titles to get my hands on.
Of course, I don’t mind a quick paint on the toe nails, followed by a nice bubble bath and a glass of wine, either.
Here’s to wishful Wednesday.